Location: San Antonio or Laredo TX
Able City is a Texas based firm that integrates architecture, planning, urban design, economic development, and community engagement to enable cities to respond effectively to their challenges and opportunities.
We focus our work on contributing to the equitable evolution of cities by helping citizens define quality of life and responding to these community needs through our proven methodologies, planning, and design work. We have a passionate office culture centered around our company’s value proposition to make cities great places for everyone.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate designer to join our team and assist in the design and development of architectural projects that support “able cities” such as learning environments, civic spaces, historic buildings, sacred places, public transit facilities, and a variety of commercial and industrial facilities. We have a creative office culture centered around a commitment to learning from one another and providing mentorship, training, and professional development to all of our staff.
You will be asked to:
- Contribute to the development project design in coordination with design leadership
- Contribute to architectural design deliverables using various tools such as BIM modeling, renderings, videos, diagrams, sketching and narrative reports
- Develop design and construction documents with a high degree of autonomy in collaboration with the project team
- Research and report on design and construction materials and methods
- Assist PM’s in the administration of projects through all phases
- Passionate about affecting change at the local level; committed to empowering citizens — especially those who have been historically marginalized by the planning process — to steer and shape their city’s future
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines
- Architectural processes on all phases of design and construction
- Ability to produce any drawing type of a CD set
- Space planning
- Detailed knowledge of construction methods (in Texas)
- Accessibility standards
- Architectural building systems such as envelope, facade, fenestration, etc
- Architectural detailing
- 6 yrs experience
- License preferred
- BArch (5yr degree) and/or Masters in Architecture
- Proficiency with BIM software and Adobe Creative Suite to develop design documents, 3D renderings and presentation graphics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self starter with a strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work with a diverse team, be flexible and adapt to changing project requirements and schedules
- Ability to work at a variety of scales from the big picture to the detail-oriented
- A passion and commitment to the equitable and sustainable development of cities
- US citizen or US resident with permission to work in the US
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 10 paid holidays, 10 days of paid leave and 5 days of sick leave, sustainability incentives for work commute, and a work-from-home allotment; a 401(k) program; and health coverage.
Salary Range (DOE): $56,000-$68,000
plus 100 % contributions to health insurance plan and access to 401k plan